I'm super excited to show everyone my first attempt at Sugar Skull/Dia de Los Muertos/Day of the Dead makeup and also my first photo shoot collaboration!
Model is Gabriella Cappello, and she is a pleasure to work with!
Now, when creating this look, I watched TONS of Youtube tutorials and looked up reference photos. I picked and chose from what I liked and sketched out the design I wanted on paper first. However, I do wish I practiced this look out on myself before using it on the model. I learned a lot quickly when applying her makeup, and cannot wait to try this look out again!
I used Ben Nye cream face makeup in White, Benefit Cream Eyeshadow in "Strut" for the darker colors, a matte black eyeshadow to darken areas further, a teal pigment for the leaves, and a black gel liner for all the detailed work!
The next couple of photos I post were taken by my good friend Dakota Courville. He is a talented photographer and has a good eye for composition!
Here is a link to his photography blog I Am Dakota Courville if you would like to see more of his gorgeous photos, please proceed with caution because he does do artistic nude photography so be aware that some of the images are NSFW!
If you are interested in doing photography or volunteering as a model, you are more than welcome to contact him through his blog, or message me!
Thanks for reading!




No comments:
Post a Comment